- Being only one of a larger population.
- A singular experiment cannot be regarded as scientific proof of the existence of a phenomenon.
- Being the only one of the kind; unique.
- Distinguished by superiority, coming across as such.
- Being out of the ordinary, coming across as such.
- (grammar) Referring to only one thing or person.
- (linear algebra, of matrix) Having no inverse.
- (linear algebra, of transformation) Having the property that the matrix of coefficients of the new variables has a determinant equal to zero.
- (being only one): individual
- (being the only one of a kind): unique
- (distinguished by superiority): exceptional, extraordinary, remarkable
- (being out of the ordinary): curious, eccentric, funny, odd, peculiar, strange, rum, rummy, unusual
- (linear algebra: of matrix: having no inverse): non-invertible
- (grammar: referring to only one thing): plural
- (linear algebra: of matrix: having no inverse): invertible, non-singular
NounSingular (plural Singulars)
- (grammar) A form of a word that refers to only one person or thing.
- (grammar: form of a word that refers to only one thing): plural
a certain, abnormal, absolute, absurd, alone, an, anomalous, any, any one, appropriate, atomic, atypical, azygous, bizarre, celibate, certain, characteristic, concrete, conspicuous, crank, crankish, cranky, crotchety, curious, defined, definite, detailed, determinate, deviant, deviative, different, discrete, distinct, distinctive, distinguished, divergent, dotty, dual, eccentric, either, eminent, erratic, esoteric, especial, exceptional, exclusive, express, extraordinary, fey, first and last, fixed, flaky, freaked out, freakish, freaky, funny, idiocratic, idiosyncratic, impair, important, in character, individual, indivisible, inner, integral, intimate, intrinsic, irreducible, irregular, isolated, kinky, kooky, lone, maggoty, marked, minute, monadic, monistic, notable, noteworthy, number, nutty, odd, oddball, off, off the wall, offbeat, one, one and only, only, only-begotten, out, outlandish, outre, outstanding, particular, passing strange, peculiar, personal, plural, precise, private, prominent, proper, quaint, queer, quintessential, quirky, rare, remarkable, respective, screwball, screwy, separate, several, signal, significant, simple, single, sole, solid, solipsistic, solitary, solo, special, specific, strange, superior, trial, true to form, twisted, unanalyzable, uncommon, unconventional, undivided, unearthly, unexampled, uniform, unimaginable, unique, unitary, unnatural, unordinary, unpaired, unrepeatable, unrepeated, unthinkable, unusual, unwonted, wacky, weird, whimsical, whole, wondrous strange
- The translations below need to be checked.
- Singular in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- Singular in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- Singular at OneLook Dictionary Search
- (grammatical numbers) grammatical number, number; singular, dual, trial, quadral, paucal, plural (Category: en:Grammar) 
sȉngulār m. (Cyrillic spelling си̏нгула̄р)