- Present participle of strap.
- (obsolete) Of a young woman full of vigor; lusty.
- Of a person of either sex; Having a sturdy muscular physique; robust.
- 2011 Les Roopanarine Birmingham 1 - 0 Stoke
- But while the two strapping front men battered Foster, they could not better him, and in the absence of tangible reward for his creative efforts, Pennant almost took matters into his own hands, curling a low free-kick inches wide of Foster's left-hand upright.
- Adhesive plaster for strapping injuries.
- A length of narrow material to be used for straps, or straps collectively.
adipose, bastinado, basting, battery, beating, beefy, belting, big-bellied, bloated, blowzy, bosomy, bouncing, brawny, buffeting, burly, buxom, caning, chubby, chunky, clubbing, corporal punishment, corpulent, cowhiding, cudgeling, distended, doughty, drubbing, dumpy, fat, fattish, flagellation, flailing, fleshy, flogging, forceful, forcible, forcy, full, full-blooded, full-strength, fustigation, gross, gutsy, gutty, hale, hard, hard as nails, hardy, hearty, heavyset, hefty, hippy, horsewhipping, husky, imposing, iron-hard, lacing, lashing, lusty, meaty, mighty, nervy, obese, obstinate, overweight, paunchy, pistol-whipping, plump, podgy, portly, potbellied, potent, powerful, pudgy, puffy, puissant, pursy, rawhiding, red-blooded, robust, robustious, roly-poly, rotund, rugged, scourging, spanking, square, squat, squatty, stalwart, steely, stocky, stout, stripes, strong, strong as brandy, strong as strong, strong-willed, sturdy, swingeing, switching, swollen, thick-bodied, thickset, thrashing, top-heavy, trouncing, truncheoning, tubby, vigorous, well-fed, whipping
- Rhymes: -æpɪŋ