streak (plural: streaks)
- An irregular line left from smearing or motion.
- The picture I took out the car window had streaks.
- A continuous series of like events.
- I hope I can keep up this streak of accomplishments.
- The color of the powder of a mineral. So called, because a simple field test for a mineral is to streak it against unglazed white porcelain.
- A moth of the family Geometridae Chesias legatella (see w:Streak (moth)).
- A tendency or characteristic, but not a dominant or pervasive one.
- She's a quiet, bookish person, but she has a rebellious streak.
- (intransitive) to have or obtain streaks.
- If you clean a window in direct sunlight, it will streak.
- (intransitive, slang) to run naked in public
- It was a pleasant game until some guy went streaking across the field.
- (transitive) to create streaks
- You will streak a window by cleaning it in direct sunlight.
- (transitive) To move very swiftly.
X ray, actinic ray, actinism, animus, antelope, aptitude, arrow, atomic beam, atomic ray, band, bar, beam, beam of light, belt, bent, bespangle, bespeckle, bespot, bezel, bias, blaze, blaze a trail, blemish, blotch, blue darter, blue streak, body-build, bolt, brand, canal, canalize, cannonball, carve, cast, chalk, chalk up, chamfer, channel, character, characteristic, characteristics, chase, check, check off, checker, chink, chisel, cicatrize, complexion, composition, constituents, constitution, corrugate, corrugation, courser, crack, cranny, crasis, craze, crimp, cross-hatching, cut, dado, dapple, dart, dash, daub, define, delimit, delineation, demarcate, dharma, diagonal, diathesis, dike, discolor, disposition, ditch, dot, dotted line, eagle, eccentricity, electricity, engrave, engraving, ethos, express train, fiber, flake, flash, fleck, flute, fluting, fly, frame, freckle, furrow, gamma ray, gash, gazelle, genius, gleam, goffer, gouge, grain, greased lightning, greyhound, groove, gruel, gully, habit, hachure, hairline, hare, harlequin, hasten, hatch, hatching, hue, humor, humors, hurry, hurtle, idiosyncrasy, ilk, impress, imprint, incise, incision, inclination, individualism, infrared ray, invisible radiation, iris, jet plane, kidney, kind, lath, layer, leam, leaning, light, lightning, line, lineation, list, maculate, make, make a mark, makeup, marble, marbleize, mark, mark off, mark out, mental set, mercury, mere shadow, mettle, microgroove, mind, mind-set, mold, motley, mottle, nature, nick, notch, paper, patch, pencil, pepper, period, photon, physique, pleat, plow, point, polychrome, polychromize, predilection, predisposition, preference, prick, print, proclivity, propensity, property, punch, punctuate, puncture, quality, quicksilver, rabbet, race, radiation, radiorays, rail, rainbow, rake, ray, ray of light, ribbon, ribbon of light, riddle, rifle, rifling, rocket, ruck, run, rush, rut, scar, scared rabbit, scarify, scoot, score, scotch, scratch, seal, seam, set, shadow, shaving, shot, skeleton, slant, slash, slat, slip, slit, smear, solar rays, somatotype, sort, soup, spangle, spate, speck, speckle, speed, spell, spirit, splinter, splotch, spot, sprinkle, sprint, stain, stamp, stigmatize, stipple, strain, strake, stratum, streak of lightning, streaking, stream, stream of light, streamer, stretch, stria, striate, striation, striature, striga, striola, strip, stripe, striped snake, striping, stroke, stud, sublineation, suchness, sulcation, sulcus, swallow, system, tattoo, tear, temper, temperament, tendency, tenor, tessellate, thought, thunderbolt, tick, tick off, tone, torrent, touch, trace, trench, trough, turn, turn of mind, twist, type, ultraviolet ray, underline, underlining, underscore, underscoring, variegate, vein, violet ray, virgule, wafer, warp, way, well-worn groove, whistle, whiz, wind, wrinkle, zip, zoom
- The translations below need to be checked.