NounSubdivision (countable and uncountable; plural subdivisions)
- (countable, uncountable) a division into smaller pieces of something that has already been divided; to separate something
- Subdivide the sentence into pieces and understand it a bit at a time.
- (countable) such a piece that has been divided
- Work on one subdivision at a time.
- (countable) a parcel of land has been divided into lots
- (countable) a group of houses created by the same builder or in the same general area
- They're putting in a new subdivision out past Black Ranch Road.
abstraction, adjunct, alienation, analysis, analyzation, anatomizing, anatomy, arrangement, assay, assaying, assembly-line housing, bifidity, bifurcation, billeting, bipartition, bisection, blood, bracket, branch, branching, breakdown, breaking down, breaking up, breakup, by two, caste, cataloging, categorization, category, census, clan, class, classification, codification, component, composition, constituents, content, contents, contingent, cross section, cutting in two, detachment, detail, dichotomy, dimidiation, disarticulation, disassociation, disconnectedness, disconnection, discontinuity, disengagement, disjointing, disjunction, dislocation, dissection, disunion, division, divisions, divorce, divorcement, docimasy, dole, domiciliation, doss, elements, estate, filing, forking, fraction, grade, grading, gravimetric analysis, group, grouping, guts, halving, head, heading, hospitality, housing, housing bill, housing development, housing problem, in half, incoherence, index, indexing, ingredients, innards, insides, installment, inventory, isolation, item, items, kin, label, level, list, living quarters, lodging, lodgment, lower-income housing, luxation, order, parcel, part, particular, parting, partition, parts, percentage, pigeonhole, pigeonholing, placement, portion, position, predicament, proximate analysis, quadrant, quantitative analysis, quarter, quartering, quota, race, ramification, random sample, ranging, rank, ranking, rating, reduction to elements, remainder, removal, resolution, rubric, sample, sampling, section, sector, segment, segmentation, semimicroanalysis, separation, separatism, sept, set, share, slum clearance, sorting, station, status, strain, stratification, stratum, subgroup, suborder, subspecies, subtraction, tabulation, taxonomy, title, tract, transient lodging, typology, urban renewal, whole, withdrawal, zoning