NounSunrise (plural Sunrises)
- (figuratively) The time of day when the sun appears above the eastern horizon.
- I'll meet you at the docks at sunrise.
- The change in color of the sky at dawn.
- Did you see the beautiful sunrise this morning?
- (figuratively) Any great awakening.
- It was the sunrise of her spirit.
- Pertaining to an unusually early time of day.
- The sunrise-service will be at 6:30AM.
aurora, break of day, brightening, cardinal points, chanticleer, cockcrow, cocklight, compass card, compass rose, crack of dawn, dawn, dawning, day-peep, daybreak, daylight, dayspring, degrees, east, eastward, first brightening, half points, light, lubber line, morn, morning, north, northeast, northward, northwest, occident, orient, peep of day, prime, quarter points, rhumb, south, southeast, southward, southwest, sunset, sunup, vestibule of Day, west, westward
- The translations below need to be checked.