Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
- Greater in degree, rank or position
- (logic) The relation of a universal proposition to a specific proposition of the same form with the universal quantified variable replaced by a specific instance.
- (linguistics, of a word or phrase) hypernymic
NounSuperordinate (plural Superordinates)
- That which is superordinate.
- (linguistics) A hypernym.
- (transitive) To cause to be superordinate.
- second-person plural present active imperative of superordinō