NounSwill (plural Swills)
- a mixture of solid and liquid food scraps fed to pigs etc; especially kitchen waste for this purpose
- any disgusting or distasteful liquid
- I cannot believe anyone could drink this swill.
- anything disgusting or worthless
- This new tv show is a worthless load of swill.
- a large quantity of liquid drunk at one swallow
- He took a swill of his drink and tried to think of words.
- (Ultimate Frisbee) A badly-thrown pass
- Inexpensive beer
barley, beverage, bib, bilge, bilgewater, bird seed, bones, booze, bran, bumper, carrion, cat food, chaff, chicken feed, chop, chug, chug-a-lug, clay, corn, crap, culm, deadwood, debris, devour, dishwater, ditchwater, dog food, draff, draft, drag, drain, drain the cup, dram, dregs, drench, drink, drink in, drink off, drink to, drink up, drop, dust, eat, eatage, engorge, engulf, ensilage, feed, filings, fodder, forage, garbage, gargle, gash, gobble, grain, gulp, gulp down, gumbo, guzzle, hay, hogwash, husks, imbibe, ingest, ingurgitate, jigger, jolt, junk, knock back, knock off, lap, leavings, lees, libation, liquor, liquor up, litter, lush, mash, meal, mire, muck, mud, nip, nonsense, oats, offal, offscourings, ooze, orts, parings, pasturage, pasture, peg, pet food, pledge, polish off, portion, potation, potion, potsherds, provender, pull, punish, put away, put down, quaff, rags, raise the elbow, raspings, refuse, riffraff, rot, round, round of drinks, rubbish, scourings, scrap iron, scraps, scratch, scratch feed, scum, scurf, sewage, sewerage, shards, shavings, shift, shot, silage, sip, slack, slag, slime, slip, slob, slop, slops, slosh, slough, sludge, slurp, slush, snifter, snort, soak, souse, spot, squash, straw, stubble, suck, suck in, suckle, sup, swallow, sweepings, swig, swill down, tank up, tares, throw down, tipple, toast, tope, toss down, toss off, tot, trash, wash down, wastage, waste, waste matter, wastepaper, weeds, wet, wheat, wolf down
- IPA: /swɪl/
- Rhymes: -ɪl