NounSynonym (plural Synonyms)
- (semantics, with respect to a given word or phrase) A word or phrase with a meaning that is the same as, or very similar to, another word or phrase.
- "Happy" is a synonym of "glad".
- (zoology, with respect to a name for a given taxon) Any of the formal names for the taxon, including the valid name (i.e. the senior synonym).
- (botany, with respect to a name for a given taxon) Any name for the taxon, usually a validly published, formally accepted one, but often also an unpublished name.
Doppelganger, actual thing, antonym, articulation, carbon copy, copy, dead ringer, ditto, double, duplicate, equivalent, exact counterpart, expression, facsimile, free form, homograph, homonym, homophone, idem, identical same, lexeme, linguistic form, locution, logos, metonym, minimum free form, monosyllable, no other, none other, polysyllable, replica, selfsame, spit and image, spitting image, syllable, term, the same, the same difference, twin, usage, utterance, verbalism, verbum, very image, very same, vocable, word
- The translations below need to be checked.