- (transitive or intransitive, formal) To finish or end.
- (transitive, euphemisms) To kill.
- (transitive, euphemisms) To end the employment contract of an employee; to fire or lay off.
- See also Thesaurus:kill
- Terminated; limited; bounded; ended.
- Having a definite and clear limit or boundary; having a determinate size, shape or magnitude.
- Mountains on the Moon cast shadows that are very dark, terminate and more distinct than those cast by mountains on the Earth.
- (mathematics) Expressible in a finite number of terms; (of a decimal) not recurring or infinite.
- One third is a recurring decimal, but one half is a terminate decimal.
Adverbs for Terminate
abruptly; tediously; innocently; happily; disastrously; seedily; inevitably; effectually; fatally; legitimately; swiftly; successfully; amazingly.
abandon, abolish, abort, attend, ax, become of, belay, boot out, bounce, button up, cancel, cap, carry to completion, cashier, cease, clean up, climax, close, close out, close up, come about, come of, come out, complete, conclude, crown, culminate, cut it out, cut off, desist, determine, develop, discharge, discontinue, dismiss, dissolve, drop, drop it, end, ensue, eventuate, extinguish, fall out, fare, finalize, finish, finish off, finish up, fire, follow, get done, get it over, get through, get through with, give over, halt, have done with, hold, issue, kick out, knock it off, lay off, leave, leave off, mop up, pan out, perfect, perorate, prorogate, prorogue, prove, prove to be, quit, recess, refrain, relinquish, renounce, resign, resolve, result, rise, round out, sack, scrap, scratch, scrub, sign off, stay, stop, top off, top out, turn out, ultimate, unfold, wind down, wind up, work out, wrap up
- Terminate in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- Terminate in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- Oxford English Dictionary, Second Edition, 1989
- second-person plural present tense of terminare
- second-person plural present subjunctive of terminare
- second-person plural imperative of terminare
- feminine plural past participle of terminare
- first-person plural present active imperative of terminō