- (transitive) To crush and destroy something by walking on it.
- (by extension) To treat someone harshly.
- (intransitive) To walk heavily and destructively.
- (by extension) To cause emotional injury as if by trampling.
NounTrample (plural Tramples)
Adverbs for Trample
ruthlessly; heedlessly; speedily; cruelly; viciously; contemptuously; heartlessly.
break down, clop, clump, contemn, crush, damage, defy, destroy, disdain, disregard, drub, extinguish, flatten, harm, hit and run, hurt, ignore, inundate, overflow, override, overrun, pound, press, put out, ride down, ride over, ride roughshod over, run down, run over, scorn, set at naught, squash, squish, stamp, stamp on, stamp out, stomp, stunt, tramp, trample down, trample on, trample out, trample underfoot, trample upon, tread, tread upon, violate
- Rhymes: -æmpəl
- The translations below need to be checked.
- Spanish: pisotear