NounTransaction (plural Transactions)
- The act of conducting or carrying out (business, negotiations, plans).
- A deal or business agreement.
- An exchange or trade, as of ideas, money, goods, etc.
- (finance) The transfer of funds into, out of, or from an account.
- (computing) An atomic operation; a message, data modification, or other procedure that is guaranteed to perform completely or not at all (e.g. a database transaction).
- (finance) An economic transaction: a valid currency transfer
Adjectives for Transaction
momentous; mercantile; monetary; notori¬ous; important; fraudulent; clouded; private; flowery; spiritual; extortionate; nefarious; discreditable; philosophical; ritualistic.
Verbs for Transaction
abandon—; bind to—; carry on—; conceal —; conduct—; consummate—; divulge—; draft—; engage in—; endanger—; execute —; facilitate—; insure—; negotiate—; nullify—; outline—; participate in—; plan—; press—; profit by—; promote—; reject—; release from—; rue—; underwrite—; withdraw from—; —obligates; —stipulates.
accomplished fact, accomplishment, accord, achievement, act, acta, action, administration, adventure, affair, agreement, annals, arrangement, bargain, binding agreement, blow, bond, business, business deal, carrying out, cartel, collective agreement, commercial transaction, commission, compact, completion, concern, concernment, conduct, consortium, contract, convention, coup, covenant, covenant of salt, deal, dealing, dealings, deed, dicker, discharge, dispatch, doing, doings, effectuation, effort, employment contract, enactment, endeavor, enforcement, enterprise, execution, exploit, fait accompli, feat, formal agreement, fulfillment, gest, go, goings-on, hand, handiwork, handling, implementation, interest, ironclad agreement, job, legal agreement, legal contract, management, maneuver, matter, measure, minutes, move, mutual agreement, negotiation, observance, operation, overt act, package deal, pact, paction, passage, performance, perpetration, proceeding, proceedings, production, promise, prosecution, protocol, records, res gestae, step, stipulation, stroke, stunt, thing, thing done, tour de force, transactions, turn, understanding, undertaking, union contract, valid contract, wage contract, work, works
- The translations below need to be checked.
Transaction f. (plural Transactions)
- IPA: /tʁɑ̃.zak.sjɔ̃/