Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
- Assessment or sorting according to quality.
- 2007, Jeremy Harding, It Migrates to Them, London Review of Books 29:5, p. 26,
- [Mike Davis] notes that the 'late capitalist triage of humanity' has 'already taken place'.
- (medicine) The process of sorting patients so as to determine the order in which they will be treated (for example, by assigning precedence according to the urgency of illness or injury).
assessment or sorting according to quality
- To assess or sort according to quality or some other aspect.
- 2009 Linda Diebel Existential crises and a rage to save the Liberals
- Then, over 2001 and '02, he laid off 150 employees at MGI Software, a company he'd first "triaged" as a consultant for NPV Associates with his partner and fellow UCC alumnus Henry Eaton, before stepping in as CEO. Firing 30 per cent of the work force was necessary to save the company, insists NPV principal partner Eaton.