NounTweet (plural Tweets)
- The sound of a bird; any short high-pitched sound or whistle.
- (Internet) An entry posted on the microblogging service Twitter; can be a post or status update.
- 2007 April 22 Jason Pontin
- Every few seconds, a tweet appears and vanishes somewhere on the globe.
- 2008, Wendy Chisholm, Matthew May, Universal Design for Web Applications
- For example, as you edit a tweet in Twitter, the number of characters left is updated as you type.
- 2008, Chris Seibold, Big Book of Apple Hacks
- A tweet can be received via SMS to your cell phone...
Tweet (third-person singular simple present Tweets, present participle Tweeting, simple past and past participle Tweeted)
- (intransitive) To make a short high-pitched sound, like that of certain birds.
- (ambitransitive, Internet) To post an update to Twitter.
cackle, call, carol, caw, chatter, cheep, chip, chipper, chirk, chirm, chirp, chirr, chirrup, chitter, chuck, clack, cluck, cock-a-doodle-doo, coo, croak, cronk, crow, cuckoo, drum, gabble, gaggle, gobble, guggle, honk, hoo, hoot, peep, pip, pipe, quack, roll, scold, sing, squawk, trill, tweedle, twit, twitter, warble, whistle
to make a short high-pitched sound
internet to post an update