Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
- A computer operating system.
- A derived work of Unix that qualifies for use of the Unix trademark.
- (informal, considered incorrect) A Unix-like operating system similar to Unix but not qualifying for use of the Unix trademark. Such systems are not strictly considered Unix but are often commonly described as such informally.
- GNU is not Unix.
- The group of Unix operating systems as a whole.
- The Linux Kernel operating system is one of the most popular forms of Unix.
- (computer operating system): *nix