Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
- “It has been suggested that [Franklin Lloyd] Wright picked up the name [Usonia] on his first European trip in 1910 when there was talk of calling the U.S.A. 'U-S-O-N-A', to avoid confusion with the new Union of South Africa.”
- IPA: /juːˈsoʊniə/
- A one-word name for the United States of America that does not have the ambiguity of "America"
- Frank Lloyd Wright's utopian vision of the United States
- A community in New York state designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in his Usonian style
- (rare) In geopolitical and international economic modeling, a prototype superpower that, in competing with an antagonistic superpower Russonia (the Soviet Union), allows Thirdonia (a hypothetical neutral Third World country) to extract considerable wealth from both.
- For examples of the usage of this term see the citations page.
Words for the country that are distinct from "America" or the "United States of America"