Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
Usona (see), and later Usonia.
- IPA: /juːˈsoʊniən/ (COED)
Usonian, (rare) usonian, (rare) USonian
- Of or pertaining to the United States of America.
- This much was already evident in the opinions expressed by Usonian politicians and ideologues following the end of the War of 1898.
- Of Frank Lloyd Wright's vision for a utopian United States.
- The great Usonian Life, the universal life of our own true democracy.
- Of or related to a style of construction introduced by Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Their residential design is strongly influenced by Prairie and Usonian architecture.
- Pertaining to Usonia, New York, or similar Wrightian communities.
- Okemos, Michigan was to be the site of Wright's first Usonian community.
- For examples of the usage of this term see the citations page.
The comparative and superlative, as in his most Usonian design, are not common. (See citations.) Generally capitalized.
- (Of the United States of America): American, US American, United Statesian, US-ian, Usanian
- (Wrightian architecture): Prairie, Prairie-style
Of the USA, as opposed to America as a whole
NounUsonian (plural Usonians)
- An inhabitant or citizen of the United States of America.
- An inhabitant of the Wrightian community of Usonia, New York.
- A house designed by Frank Lloyd Wright in his Usonian style.
- (Inhabitant or citizen of the United States of America): American, US American, United Statesian, US-ian, Usanian
A citizen of the USA, as opposed to an inhabitant of America as a whole
- "Usonian" in Concise Oxford English Dictionary, 11th edition revised, Oxford Dictionaries, 2008.