- annoyed, irritated or distressed
- She became more and more vexed as she struggled to cope with the demands of the job.
- much debated, discussed or disputed
- the vexed question of whether or not to kiss on a first date
- 1990 — Terry Pratchett, Eric, p 72
- He would be left in no doubt that they were annoyed. He might even go so far as to deduce that they were quite vexed.
- Simple past tense and past participle of vex.
Find words for Vexed
definitely; unreasonably; foolishly; senselessly; unfairly; deeply; unjustly; distinctly; quickly; easily; unhappily; miserably; wretchedly; ill-temperedly; annoyingly; bitterly; plaguedly; pathetically; sorely; grievously; frightfully; intolerably; distressingly; unbearably; furiously; mightily; hotly.
aggravated, angry, annoyed, anxious, beset, bothered, browned-off, bugged, burnt-up, chafed, distressed, disturbed, dogged, embarrassed, exasperated, fretted, galled, griped, harassed, harried, haunted, hounded, huffy, inconvenienced, irked, irritated, miffed, nettled, peeved, persecuted, perturbed, piqued, plagued, provoked, put to it, put-out, puzzled, resentful, riled, roiled, ruffled, sore beset, tormented, troubled, worried, worried sick, worried stiff
- IPA: /ˈvɛkst/
- Rhymes: -ɛkst