NounVictim (plural Victims)
- Anyone who is physically harmed by another.
- (original sense) A living creature which is slain and offered as human or animal sacrifice, usually in a religious rite; by extension, the transfigurated body and blood of Christ in the Eucharist.
- An aggrieved or disadvantaged party in a crime (e.g. swindle.)
- A person who suffers any other injury, loss, or damage as a result of a voluntary undertaking.
- An unfortunate person who suffers from a disaster or other adverse circumstance.
Adjectives for Victim
unsuspicious; noble; unfortunate; struggling; hapless; miserable; desirable; ulsterclad; prospective; unspotted; penitent; wretched; choking; immediate; bridal; potential; slaughtered; unresisting; deluded; hunted; illustrious; innumerable (plural); unthinking; contemptible; cowering; countless (plural); unshriven; unnamed; supposed; ingenuous; mutilated; livid; squalid; multifarious (plural).
Verbs for Victim
avenge—; bait—; beguile—; bilk—; console—; decoy—; defraud—; dupe—; ease—; ensnare—; entice—; exonerate—; goad—; harass—; harrow—; lure—; maim—; martyrize—; sacrifice—; snare—; solicit—s; succor—s; trap—; wrack—; wring—; — bewails; —decries; —despairs; —endures; —grieves; —laments; —languishes; — mourns; —pines; —suffers; —testifies; — tolerates;—succumbs to.
also-ran, babe, beasts of venery, big game, boob, booby, butt, byword, byword of reproach, casualty, chump, cinch, credulous person, cull, defeatee, derision, duck, dupe, easy mark, easy pickings, fair game, fall guy, figure of fun, fish, fool, game, game loser, gazingstock, goat, gobe-mouches, good loser, good sport, greener, greenhorn, greeny, gudgeon, gull, hard-luck guy, hardcase, innocent, jest, jestingstock, joke, kill, laughingstock, leadpipe cinch, loser, mark, martyr, mockery, monkey, object of compassion, offering, patsy, pigeon, plaything, poor devil, poor unfortunate, prey, prize sap, pushover, quarry, sacrifice, sad sack, sap, saphead, scapegoat, schlemiel, schlimazel, sitting duck, sport, stock, stooge, sucker, sufferer, sure loser, target, the hunted, the vanquished, toy, trusting soul, underdog, unfortunate, venery, wretch
from the Latin victima, sacrificial animal