NounWaist (plural Waists)
- The part of the body between the pelvis and the stomach.
- A part of a piece of clothing that covers the waist.
- The narrow connection between the thorax and abdomen in certain insects (e.g., bees, ants and wasps).
- The middle portion of the hull of a ship or the fuselage of an aircraft.
- (nautical) That part of the upper deck of a ship between the quarterdeck and the forecastle.
Adjectives for Waist
snug; thickening; imperceptible; tapering; enormous; collective; trackless; slender; winsome; wasplike; well-fitting; capacious.
Antonyms for Waist
blouse, bodice, center, core, corsage, diameter, diaphragm, dickey, equator, heart, interior, kernel, linen, mean, median, middle, midmost, midriff, midst, nucleus, shift, shirt, thick, thick of things, waistline, zone