- See also Thesaurus:impoverished
NounWealthy (usually uncountable; plural wealthies)
- (uncountable, preceded by the) Rich people.
- (countable) A rich person.
- 1975 A Real Presidential Choice Is Being Ignored
- it was possible for a group like the Libertarians to hope that a couple of weakminded wealthies might donate the seed money to get a campaign rolling.
- 1977 Public TV Presents miracle Series
- Bernice is a nice, sardonic tale of envy and young wealthies of the pre-flapper era, when a girl who bobbed her hair was thought loose by the flask-bearing blades who tried to get her tight.
- 2006 Can the Democrats Deliver?
- Ending tax cuts to wealthies would only increase tax revenues by $40 - $60 billion a year - about 20 of current deficit - so its a waste of time.
Adverbs for Wealthy
gorgeously; enormously; comfortably; fortunately; pleasantly; agreeably; serenely; snugly; enviably; complacently; sufficiently; smugly; graciously; fabulously; independently; substantially; tremendously; conspicuously; immensely; crassly; excessively; fairly.
abounding, abounding in riches, abundant, affluent, all-sufficing, ample, aplenty, big-rich, bottomless, bounteous, bountiful, comfortable, comfortably situated, copious, diffuse, disgustingly rich, easy, effuse, epidemic, exhaustless, extravagant, exuberant, fat, fertile, flush, frightfully rich, full, galore, generous, in clover, in funds, in good case, in luxury, in plenty, in quantity, in the money, independent, independently rich, independently wealthy, inexhaustible, lavish, liberal, loaded, luxuriant, luxurious, made of money, many, maximal, moneyed, much, numerous, on Easy Street, on velvet, oofy, opulent, overflowing, plenitudinous, plenteous, plentiful, plenty, prevailing, prevalent, prodigal, productive, profuse, profusive, prosperous, provided for, rampant, replete, rich, rich as Croesus, rife, riotous, rolling in money, running over, successful, superabundant, teeming, wallowing in wealth, warm, well provided for, well-fixed, well-found, well-furnished, well-heeled, well-off, well-provided, well-stocked, well-to-do, wholesale
- The translations below need to be checked.