Definition from zikkir, the free dictionary
Audio (US) noicon (file)
- Second-person singular simple past tense indicative of be.
- John, you were the only person to see him.
- First-person plural simple past tense indicative of be.
- We were about to leave.
- Second-person plural simple past tense indicative of be.
- Mary and John, you were right.
- Third-person plural simple past tense indicative of be.
- They were a fine group.
- Simple imperfect subjunctive in all persons of be.
- (Northern England) was.
- (second-person singular past indicative, archaic) wast (used with "thou")
- (second-person singular imperfect subjunctive, archaic) wert (used with "thou")
NounWere (plural Weres)
ang:were de:were et:were es:were fr:were ko:were it:were kk:were sw:were ku:were hu:were ml:were my:were nl:were ja:were no:were pl:were pt:were simple:were fi:were sv:were te:were tr:were vi:were zh:were