- In the early part of growth or life; born not long ago.
- A lamb is a young sheep.
- These picture books are for young readers.
- The age of space travel is still young.
- As if young; having the look or qualities of a young person.
- My grandmother is a very active woman and is quite young for her age.
- Of or belonging to the early part of life.
- Having little experience; inexperienced; unpracticed; ignorant; weak.
- People who are young; young beings.
- The younger generation.
- The lion caught a gnu to feed its young.
- (informal or demography) To become or seem to become younger
- (informal or demography) To cause to appear younger
- (geology) To exhibit younging
Verbs for Young
beget—; befriend—; cherish—; conceive—, defend—; devour—; fledge—; guard—; harass—; mother—; nest—; nurse—; prey upon—; protect—; raise—; restrain—; shield—; succor—; suckle—; teach—; wean —; —mature; —take wings; —test.
Adverbs for Young
adorably; sweetly; refreshingly; ridiculously; ecstatically; rapturously; delightfully; unsuitably; unfortunately; charmingly; appealingly; shyly; absurdly; hopelessly; extremely; wretchedly; terribly; childishly; blithely; happily; joyously; hilariously; infinitely; immortally; unbelievably; excitably; ardently; ingenuously; vividly; gloriously; splendidly; exuberantly; radiantly; blessedly.
adolescent, babies, babyhood, babyish, boyhood, boyish, brood, callow, childish, childkind, childlike, children, clutch, crude, dewy, ever-new, evergreen, farrow, firsthand, fledgling, florescent, flowering, fresh, fry, get, girlhood, girlish, green, hatch, immature, inexperienced, infant, infantile, innocent, intact, issue, junior, juvenal, juvenescent, juvenile, kids, litter, little kids, little ones, maiden, maidenly, minor, naive, neoteric, nest, nestling, new, new generation, offspring, original, pristine, progeny, pubescent, puerile, raw, rising generation, sempervirent, small fry, sophomoric, spat, spawn, teenaged, tots, unbeaten, undeveloped, unfinished, unfledged, unformed, unhandled, uninitiated, unpracticed, unripe, unseasoned, unsophisticated, untouched, untried, untrodden, unused, unversed, vernal, virgin, virginal, young blood, young fry, young people, youngling, youth, youthful, youthlike, youthy
- (RP, US) enPR: yŭng, IPA: /jʌŋ/, SAMPA: /jVN/
Audio (US) noicon (file)
Audio (UK) noicon (file)
- Rhymes: -ʌŋ